Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ( old ) script

Go down 
+19
Phear
Gambit
Munroe
TRUlyjuST
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Graley
Kali
Kain
Phry
Blitz
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
Rutabega
themodtester
Markka
Krug
Psycheandromida
Dama Oscura
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Rutabega

The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:15 am

Dont worry about population, its got little if anything to due with script and itll pick up in a few days, I plan to make sure of that once I get back.
Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:45 am

Dama Oscura wrote:
Phear wrote:
Please. Please. Pleeaase. Any code that involves an adjustable camera offset (for being bigger/smaller) that has to update the camera every time you move. Don't add it. If it's already in there, please remove it.

That chunk of code in Tiramisu is horrible whenever I move. The camera must update every time your location changes, but it can't do it all the time. So, you get jerky camera movements, which can get a little nauseating. This effect will either make me feel sick or piss me off. And I don't like either of those.

We don't need third person or view offsets. At least, I don't.

In the mean time, can we get Cakescript back up there, maybe to spark some server population?

Okay, I'll put it simple for you, as to why was scriptenforcer on ( It's no longer on ), and my reasons for everything else.

1) No thirdperson mod will work with my script PERIOD. No thirdparty tool at all will work with it because it uses a remotely different system than what exist for anywhere else.

2) You don't know which chunk of code you're even talking about, and it's smoothed out to the best of my skill. If you would have asked, I would have simply told you to do the following commands, cl_cmdrate 70, rp_thirdperson 0, rp_headbob 0, rp_renderbody 0. That disables everything and smoothens out movement. No need for you to do anything else.

3) You don't have any criteria to decide what's needed and what's not needed at all. The reason why thirdperson exists is because it's easier to control non bipeds with it. Some also like it, but wouldn't be able to use thirdparty mods for thirdperson using my system. My script has in no way caused any sort of shrinking in population except for the few of you who just wouldn't ask worth damn. The other script has been used for a real long while too, and it did not cause any spark of population. Just because YOU can't adapt, doesn't mean anybody else should wait for you.

I'm stating this right now, because I'm tired of saying it: I have no problem with third person.

The PROBLEM is the first person view offset. NOT third person.

I'm NOT talking about third person.
I'm NOT talking about script enforcer.
I'm TALKING about the offset camera.

If you don't remove it, at least put a var in there to disable it, so you can use the normal first person view, no camera used.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:32 am

Phear wrote:

I'm stating this right now, because I'm tired of saying it: I have no problem with third person.

If you don't remove it, at least put a var in there to disable it, so you can use the normal first person view, no camera used.

Quote :
cl_cmdrate 70, rp_thirdperson 0, rp_headbob 0, rp_renderbody 0.
Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Phear wrote:

Quote :
cl_cmdrate 70, rp_thirdperson 0, rp_headbob 0, rp_renderbody 0.

This does not disable the first person offset camera.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:52 pm

The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Gm_flatgrass0029

Updated the menu around, changed the font, added the vitals thing. ( For some reason the player's model moves around when I take a screenshot, it's supposed to be centered )

As for other updates, I've been mostly bug fixing, I fixed the off aiming in third and firstperson, I added a way to remove the camera as a whole, and finished the gear editing VGUI, so for real this time, expect a release soon.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Due to popular demand, the character editor has been simplified. To this:

The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Gm_flatgrass0035
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:07 pm

More updates, fuck yeah! We now have 34 weapons available as gear. 20 swords, 5 shields, 3 scabbards, 2 axes, 2 polearms, 1 mace, 1 claw. I'll probably add a few more as I go, considering that they're just about an mb each uncompressed.

Currently, you'll have to ask to get one of them, later on I'll make a system allowing you to have starter stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:14 pm

NOTE: UPDATE'S PROBABLY GONNA GO LIVE TODAY. DOWNLOAD THIS.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6illo8sq5ikm8uk
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 am

Model manip crashes me each time. Bring back perma model changer too
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Been having the problem of crashing a minute after everytime I come into the game. Tried joining like three times and it came out with the same result.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Speful wrote:
Been having the problem of crashing a minute after everytime I come into the game. Tried joining like three times and it came out with the same result.

Nothing to do with the script, it's probably your computer.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Server will soon be a furry haven. God I want that script ;(.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Jackxter wrote:

It's, uh, released.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1009936
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

It's, uh, released.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1009936

You rock brothah!
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Oh hey guys.

Scratch this thread, none of this happened.

Mind you, it was not my choice. If it were for me, I would keep the stuff, but whatever, Olden ain't a democracy.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Que?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:30 pm

That's correct. This was my choice. I've decided we're not going to use tiramisu as Aeria's script.

At the moment, it's not finalized. I'll be speaking individually with everyone regarding the matter, but you may also feel free to post your opinion here.

If anyone has any disagreements, take it up with me and only me, as this was my decision.

Last edited by Kain on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Do I get any weight seeing how I've been funding the server that nobody seems to play on any more for the past two months? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:29 pm

I suppose you do, yes.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Do I get any weight seeing how I've been funding the server that nobody seems to play on any more for the past two months? Laughing

Iunno, seems like people have to be asked to get on, or wait until someones on by themselves. Not all the time, but still.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 pm

ViralHatred wrote:

I told you that people play on it and it's a matter of timing, but you just ignored me.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Kain wrote:
I suppose you do, yes.

Well if I had to make a suggestion, I'd suggest getting a custom script made if you can find a reasonable price from a decent scripter. Custom made to accompany all the features Aeria would want.
Back to top Go down
beyondbirthday

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:41 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Well if I had to make a suggestion, I'd suggest getting a custom script made if you can find a reasonable price from a decent scripter. Custom made to accompany all the features Aeria would want.

But still simple enough that we all would know how to navigate it, and so it wouldn't lag like shit.

EDIT:

OOPPS WRONG ACCOUNT
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:46 pm

beyondbirthday wrote:
ViralHatred wrote:

But still simple enough that we all would know how to navigate it, and so it wouldn't lag like shit.

EDIT:

OOPPS WRONG ACCOUNT

Got you.

But yeah, ideally you'd want a stable balance between client and serverside lua.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:48 pm

ViralHatred wrote:

As opposed to a free custom script coded by someone with 4 years into a Computer Science degree?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ( old ) script
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next