Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ( old ) script

Go down 
+19
Phear
Gambit
Munroe
TRUlyjuST
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Graley
Kali
Kain
Phry
Blitz
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
Rutabega
themodtester
Markka
Krug
Psycheandromida
Dama Oscura
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm

... this is what Olden has evolved into while I was gone!?! I have got to find time to jump in at some point!
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
... this is what Olden has evolved into while I was gone!?! I have got to find time to jump in at some point!

Good to see you around, TRULy.

The purpose of what I'm doing is precisely that, return Olden to it's state of freshness by innovating a bit, here and there. Just a little something I can do for this community which has had the temper to tolerate my sissy fits.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 am

Bump:

Expect release soon.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:49 am

Waiting with serious want.

Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Or Tieflings and Aasimar. We need people to play the other races anyway.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Phry wrote:
i'm sensing another flood of Kazuth just so people can have 'dem new tailz'

Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Munroe wrote:
Phry wrote:
i'm sensing another flood of Kazuth just so people can have 'dem new tailz'

They're still going to have to apply.

If they try, deny. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 pm

For my tail, I'm gonna use one of the train station columns. I'm also going to do a lot of turning.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Damn. I guess that leaves me with the Citadel.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Sadly, gear doesn't allow model swapping.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:23 pm

I WILL CODE IT IN, DAMN IT.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Hot damn, looks like Ive got alot to look forward to when I get back.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 pm

I made a new menu too. Currently it looks like this:

The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Gm_flatgrass0017

I want to know how to improve it though.
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:57 pm

It looks like it says "Man Menu"
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Graley wrote:
It looks like it says "Man Menu"

It's much more readable at full size.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 pm

No, you're right, Graley. It's the Man Menu, by Men, for Men.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Just replace that deformed looking fellow with this man:

The new ( old ) script - Page 5 532538_o

And this shall be a true Man Menu.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:19 pm

If we haven't already, remove "buying" doors. Also to that, have door ownership removed when the player leaves.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:25 pm

Gambit wrote:
If we haven't already, remove "buying" doors. Also to that, have door ownership removed when the player leaves.

Already done, any door can be locked or unlocked by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:04 pm

SOUL MISSION FONT.

Or at least I think it is.

Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Please. Please. Pleeaase. Any code that involves an adjustable camera offset (for being bigger/smaller) that has to update the camera every time you move. Don't add it. If it's already in there, please remove it.

That chunk of code in Tiramisu is horrible whenever I move. The camera must update every time your location changes, but it can't do it all the time. So, you get jerky camera movements, which can get a little nauseating. This effect will either make me feel sick or piss me off. And I don't like either of those.

We don't need third person or view offsets. At least, I don't.

In the mean time, can we get Cakescript back up there, maybe to spark some server population?
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Phear wrote:
Please. Please. Pleeaase. Any code that involves an adjustable camera offset (for being bigger/smaller) that has to update the camera every time you move. Don't add it. If it's already in there, please remove it.

That chunk of code in Tiramisu is horrible whenever I move. The camera must update every time your location changes, but it can't do it all the time. So, you get jerky camera movements, which can get a little nauseating. This effect will either make me feel sick or piss me off. And I don't like either of those.

We don't need third person or view offsets. At least, I don't.

In the mean time, can we get Cakescript back up there, maybe to spark some server population?

Okay, I'll put it simple for you, as to why was scriptenforcer on ( It's no longer on ), and my reasons for everything else.

1) No thirdperson mod will work with my script PERIOD. No thirdparty tool at all will work with it because it uses a remotely different system than what exist for anywhere else.

2) You don't know which chunk of code you're even talking about, and it's smoothed out to the best of my skill. If you would have asked, I would have simply told you to do the following commands, cl_cmdrate 70, rp_thirdperson 0, rp_headbob 0, rp_renderbody 0. That disables everything and smoothens out movement. No need for you to do anything else.

3) You don't have any criteria to decide what's needed and what's not needed at all. The reason why thirdperson exists is because it's easier to control non bipeds with it. Some also like it, but wouldn't be able to use thirdparty mods for thirdperson using my system. My script has in no way caused any sort of shrinking in population except for the few of you who just wouldn't ask worth damn. The other script has been used for a real long while too, and it did not cause any spark of population. Just because YOU can't adapt, doesn't mean anybody else should wait for you.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:21 pm

1) Not true. I have a working third-person mod, and several other CS mods that all work just fine with your script.

2) Not knowing which chunk of code doesn't change anything. He can't look in your code and diagnose the problem. And I say you should default those vars at what you suggested, and let people turn on the third-person and such if they want, instead of saddling them with a jerky camera movement to start off with. Or just get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Munroe wrote:
1) Not true. I have a working third-person mod, and several other CS mods that all work just fine with your script.

2) Not knowing which chunk of code doesn't change anything. He can't look in your code and diagnose the problem. And I say you should default those vars at what you suggested, and let people turn on the third-person and such if they want, instead of saddling them with a jerky camera movement to start off with. Or just get rid of it.

NOW it does. Hence why I removed ScriptEnforcer.

Second, it will, but I would have preferred that over people just telling me "this shit sucks", because that helps nobody. And that's the reception I got.

Whatever, it's not gonna break my stride, I'm making an effort to finish a few things, which I will then complete for release.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:17 am

Quote :

Don't you dare. This script is the best thing to happen in Olden in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ( old ) script
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next