Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new ( old ) script

Go down 
+19
Phear
Gambit
Munroe
TRUlyjuST
B3SERK
thorogoodd
Graley
Kali
Kain
Phry
Blitz
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
Rutabega
themodtester
Markka
Krug
Psycheandromida
Dama Oscura
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:46 am

Dama Oscura wrote:

You guys are honestly overly negative. Jesus fucking Christ.

I think politelly requesting it is fairly neutral? It's not like i'm going 'wow, this is shit, can we have the old script back.' As i said earlier, it's good work, but i'm just suggesting ways it could be improved.

I'm just saying it's sorta awkward to have to imput all these commands every time you join the server. Unless it remembers these commands and saves them like that, if so, i'm stupid.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:56 am

Phry wrote:
Dama Oscura wrote:

You guys are honestly overly negative. Jesus fucking Christ.

I think politelly requesting it is fairly neutral? It's not like i'm going 'wow, this is shit, can we have the old script back.' As i said earlier, it's good work, but i'm just suggesting ways it could be improved.

I'm just saying it's sorta awkward to have to imput all these commands every time you join the server. Unless it remembers these commands and saves them like that, if so, i'm stupid.

I'm not necessarily implying that you are the only one doing it. But for example, I had some people on the server literally saying "This script is total shit". And fuck, that gets on my nerves.

By the way, the commands save.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Oh okay, i'm stupid then, disregard.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 pm

You can't say this script isn't a mega-massive improvement over Cakescript.

Hell I prefer this to Tacoscript cause you can't f*cking scroll on Tacoscript.

I'd still love that custom chatbox though- how's that coming along?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 pm

What about an options tab for preferences? Any news on that?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
What about an options tab for preferences? Any news on that?

I'm already working on that, seeing as it's gonna influence the custom chat (scalable fonts and set your own colors for different types of messages. Basically, I'm mimicing WoW's style of chatframes, since it's pretty damn good and customizable.) Could easily include any other misc. settings so no one gets confused.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm sorrybut I can't do anything building physgun/toolgun related with this stupid camera mode.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Durp, switch to first person for making stuff. I built the whole keep adv dup using it without much problem at all.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:43 pm

I'd like to make an important statement, and that is, the script will as of now disable ALL aimbots, wallhacks, HUD edits, and so on. What for? The script relies heavily on the CalcView hook and plenty of the draw hooks, and besides, you shouldn't be using them anyway.

Old titles may be added back in, although I must add that I did find it annoying to see titles through walls.

As for the models, I must say I'm rather close to getting the tails to successfully compile, but nothing to show yet, I'm not an expert modeler so bear with me as I learn my way through all this 3D jazz.

The next feature is gonna be a full fledged character editor, by the way. I will finish the models, find some race ones, and link it all with all the current systems that I've got to make it flexible and easy to use.

Anything else, bother Kain, these models are a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:

Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:46 am

Kain wrote:
Dama Oscura wrote:

Sad
Stop crying and get back to work, slave!
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:57 pm

where doin it man

The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Gm_flatgrass0003

WERE MAKIN THIS HAPEN

Currently not shaded ( Will be using phong later ), so it looks kinda crappy. But it's there, and it has a collision model. I'm working on making it ragdolled, so we can add jigglebones to it to make it move.

Next thing will be the ears, followed by the fuckin' wings. After that, we'll look into hair.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:21 pm

OLD MAN ZUTH. OH GOD.

Gj, surprised you got it working already. Keeeep it uuuuup.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Dama Obscura wrote:
I'd like to make an important statement, and that is, the script will as of now disable ALL aimbots, wallhacks, HUD edits, and so on. What for? The script relies heavily on the CalcView hook and plenty of the draw hooks, and besides, you shouldn't be using them anyway.

Man, I don't think I could love you any more now. Wait-

Dama Obscura wrote:
Character editor

:OOOOOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 pm

I get to do some ear/tail skins! Very Happy

making a secret list here; white, tabby, tiger, black, brown
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Due to popular request I chose a much less unsightly model to stick ears on top of.

The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Gm_flatgrass0005

Closer:

The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Gm_flatgrass0006

Last edited by Dama Oscura on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:50 pm

KELLY.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Why did I always picture them facing forwards?
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Why did I always picture them facing forwards?

That's kinda the mangaish style that really doesn't fit men. I could rotate the mesh and stuff, but it feels kinda redundant to do so.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Holy crap, that is Kelly. Got a link to that model?
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Holy crap, that is Kelly. Got a link to that model?

The model is actually one from the TnB pack, and the two models I had compiled stuck to it. I can stick them to ANY character.

Anyhow, gonna work on Tieflings now, tails and horns. After that comes wings, and after that, char editor.

I need you people to URGENTLY find me models. Focus on faces and bodies separetely. TnB pack is great for faces, AoC and mods and such are great for bodies.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:50 am

Quote :
AoC and mods and such are great for bodies

But with AOC models the head comes out way small if you just do the 'body only' option on-server.

So, intervention may be necessary. Other then that, this is coming along amazingly.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Quote :
AoC and mods and such are great for bodies

But with AOC models the head comes out way small if you just do the 'body only' option on-server.

So, intervention may be necessary. Other then that, this is coming along amazingly.

There's an option called headratio, currently admin only, but it will exist on the char editor. Since the AoC models are pretty bulky, I recommend either wearing the whole set, since the shoulders for those characters are much wider than those of regular HL2 civvies, they look like they're too small.

Either way, we've got the uh, Dark Messiah models still, there's some good ones in there.
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Will the vampires exist as a selectable race? If so, will they be pale and such? What will be selectable or what is planned to be changeable?
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Graley wrote:
Will the vampires exist as a selectable race? If so, will they be pale and such? What will be selectable or what is planned to be changeable?

I don't see a point in making them a selectable race because then all the noobs would choose it.

Just as well there's no reason to make it a race because it's not a race itself, it's more like a sub-race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new ( old ) script   The new ( old ) script - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new ( old ) script
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next