Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official server thread.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Official server thread. Empty
PostSubject: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 am

Post whatever you feel the server needs here. Could be an addon, a script-function, anything.

Do not post opinions on things other people request. This is not a discussion thread.
Also keep idiotic and unecessary stuff to yourself. I don't wanna have to wade trough an ocean of crap to get to a small drop of good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 am

We need /it and we also need /me fixed so it's not global.

If you don't allready have it on your list, we also need model manipulator. And let's not forget player resizer.

I forget what else I had on my mind. (oh wait, I'd also like player weld, that works well)

Edit: When we get trusts working we'll also need noclip trust. (for those with characters that can
fly/jump high)

Also, player weld is used for various things. (example: a child char welding him/herself to a prop
in order to be carried by an adult char. Or anyone that can be carried, for that matter)

And Idk where we got the player resizer in the first place. We should ask Matt. If he doesn't know
then Idk where we can get it.

Last edited by Richard Crimson on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 am

Player resizer is non-existant on garrysmod.org. Please provide a link to it.
Model manipulator is installed and should be active on server.
And player weld is not really needed for RP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:30 pm

UPDATED - JUNE 24 - 2009 - 01:30 GMT +1

<FIXED GLOBAL /ME'S>
<ADDED NEW MODELS TO CHARACTER CREATION>
**<FIXED FLAGS>** FAILED. **

Not really certain. But I hope I did. <.<

Update: Flags failed. Going to try if global /mes and models work now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:26 am

Foliage pack?
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 am

Well, we need /event and !observe. Admin chat (If we don't already have it), and super admin chat. We also need the @@ and @@@ Commands ( I forget what they are called, @@ brings just a message up in the chatbox, @@@ brings a large one at the top of the screen)
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 am

Mack wrote:
UPDATED - JUNE 24 - 2009 - 01:30 GMT +1

<FIXED GLOBAL /ME'S>
<ADDED NEW MODELS TO CHARACTER CREATION>
**<FIXED FLAGS>** FAILED. **

Not really certain. But I hope I did. <.<

Update: Flags failed. Going to try if global /mes and models work now.

Wait, what the hell are you doing? I thought I was the one who was going to take care of the code.

I removed flags on purpose, and the global /me thing, I had it fixed, I was going to upload it.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:04 pm

I thought you two were handling different aspects. That Kama was doing the major coding of the actual script, and Mack was helping us with the general tech stuff...
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:10 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
I thought you two were handling different aspects. That Kama was doing the major coding of the actual script, and Mack was helping us with the general tech stuff...

I never had any knowledge of that. And if that is the case, I'll set up an SVN so our codes will be synchronized. Although I don't exactly like this since different people code differently, I can't exactly go against it.

Next time, tell me. I really don't like it when people do that without telling me, because bad shit happens, example, how Mack was trying to add flags even though I removed them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Title2 is broken as well as titles not being shown. >_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I was just fixing stuff people were complaining about. I got people saying that I should fix the flags and I thought I might just as well add more models. It's not that hard since we're using cakescript.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Mack wrote:
I was just fixing stuff people were complaining about. I got people saying that I should fix the flags and I thought I might just as well add more models. It's not that hard since we're using cakescript.

You also completely overthrew my script, and changed it for Cakescript RC5. That's not changing things, that's throwing me aside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:08 pm

I would've talked to you about it. But you were offline, and I've been away all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm

kamaitama wrote:
You also completely overthrew my script, and changed it for Cakescript RC5. That's not changing things, that's throwing me aside.

Although, the decision to switch scripts was hugely beneficial.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Kruggly wrote:
kamaitama wrote:

Although, the decision to switch scripts was hugely beneficial.

I fail to see how. I want someone to prove me otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:54 pm

I actually didn't change the scripts and overthrow you. I was testing out the different scripts to see which one would suit best.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Mack wrote:
I actually didn't change the scripts and overthrow you. I was testing out the different scripts to see which one would suit best.

Well, I analized and took a decision. RC5 is much less versatile than G2, and nothing has proven me otherwise, so I'm gonna resume working on G2, irregardless of whatever Geo says. Just to list a few advantages of G2 over RC5:

-Real plugin system, with adequate "schema" file, which allows quick controlling over teams, instead of having them over different files. I won't reimplement flags, but I'm probably gonna add some sort of faction system at some point, and G2 allows that.

-Has a hook system that is paralel to the actual hooks of the engine, but runs under different events, and doesn't collide. This allows me to personalize things without going for the hacky method of doing it.

-Better file structure. Things actually go by categories, instead of having to look into one utility file, you have different utilities in different files.

-Doesn't use NWStrings for everything, therefore, much faster. The only two uses of NWStrings on G2 are on the two titles.

-Looks far better than it's predecessor.

-Is truly generic, as in, doesn't have HL2RP shit on.

-Contrary to popular belief, it's more stable, and written much better.

I'd really like to talk to you in SF, by the way, as to discuss things like that, and what I'm actually gonna do with the script, so we are both communicated of what the other is doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Quote :
I'd really like to talk to you in SF, by the way, as to discuss things like that, and what I'm actually gonna do with the script, so we are both communicated of what the other is doing.

Who would "you" be referring to? Me?
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :

Who would "you" be referring to? Me?

Yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 pm

I stand corrected. My apologies.

Meh, I'm no scripter - I'm just basing my statements off mass opinions that I've heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 am

We could use the unbreakable tool on the toolgun, for one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:23 am

Quote :
We could use the unbreakable tool on the toolgun, for one.
Done and done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 am

Advance dupe Razz .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:31 am

Give the people who need Admin, Admin. From what I understand not everyone is set up yet.
STart handing TT, and PT out. And fix the damn limits. You can only spawn like, 10 props.

This whole server needs a good renovating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 am

The limits are top priority to fix, methinks.

Or at least, they're up there on the to-do list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official server thread.   Official server thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official server thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next